Oak Harbor Clean Water Facility EI&C Design and SCADA Integration and Programming
The City of Oak Harbor built a new water reclamation facility in its thriving downtown area adjacent to a popular City park. To help the City carry out this complex and challenging project, Carollo provided design, programming, and engineering services during construction. This effort included the following:
- Developed contract documents, including Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), electrical power, control, lighting and grounding plans, panel drawings, control narratives, and network diagrams for bid.
- Developed PLC and SCADA standards with the client.
- Programmed the plant PLCs and developed customized high-performance graphics.
- Completely networked the power system, allowing operations to track energy usage for the overall facility, each process, or each asset.
- Implemented a data rich power system design aimed at providing operations and maintenance staff with the ability to implement preventative maintenance throughout the electrical distribution system.
- Procured, tested, and installed networking racks for the PLC, business, SCADA, security, and fire alarm fiber networks.
Project Awards and Accolades
American Public Works Association (APWA)